Dr Ellis has now been a Physical Therapist for 38 years. He was very influential in bringing sports medicine to Idaho Falls and all four high schools. When the opportunity came to him to work with the National Chinese Summer Olympic Team in Beijing and Guangzhou, he took it. He worked with athletes, coaches, and team physicians from all of the sports. His ability to speak fluent Mandarin was a great asset for him. Dr Ellis evaluated, setup programs and trained the team physicians in rehabilitation programs and activities for the various athletes and sports for 2 years in preparation for the Beijing 2008 Olympics. He now likes to work with and follow his 9 grandchildren with their activities and events.
Dr Ellis never tires from learning and helping others. He knows that wellness is possibly the most important aspect of life. It is much better and easier to manage wellness in a person’s life than trying to repair or rehab. With this in mind, Dr Jay Ellis designed and built his present rehab facility with a full duty gym, weights, Pilates equipment, and a large therapy rehab pool which includes a walk/run underwater treadmill, bike, and room to perform almost any aquatic activity imaginable. When evaluating a new patient, it is not only important to help resolve the problem, but to help the patient learn what possibly caused it in the first place and advance to be more assured that it will be less likely to come back and plague them again.
Born and raised in Southeast Idaho, Dr Ellis enjoys living in a region that is peaceful and has the full spectrum of the four seasons. He was active in high school and college sports. He has always enjoyed in participating and watching almost every sport. He served two-years as a missionary for his church in Taiwan and learned to speak Mandarin Chinese fairly fluently.
- Registered Physical Therapist, Idaho, California, and Washington.
- Certified Strengthening Conditioning Specialist (CSCS), June 1996.
- Certified Physical Rehabilitation Pilates, Polestar Education, October 2002.
- Certified Clinical Instructor for Physical Therapy, 2003.
- Certified Workwell Systems for FCE, Pre-Work Screen, FJA, and FJD, July 2005
- Certified Pneumex FASTER and Pneuback Rehab programs
- Certified Revita Specialist for rehabilitation
- Certified FUN FITNESS Specialist for Special Olympics of America Healthy Athletes